About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Friday, May 6, 2011

tricky little keys

Last night I did the most stupid thing! ok...I will stop right now and say, NO NOT THAT! haha  but really...this story is ridiculous....
I was at the MTSU campus because Madeleine had Cinderella rehearsals. I had sat in the theater for a bout 4 hours. I got up only once to walk to my car to get a jacket because it was FREEZING in there. Went to the restroom. Sat back in seat. at 10pm the rehearsal was over.  I dig in my purse (and I do mean DIG) to get my keys. not there. no really, not there. yes, I looked again. and again. and dug some more. walked to the car WHILE diggin in giant purse. not there. reach vehicle. peer inside, scared to death that they are laying in the seat. but I see nothing. It is DARK. I am standing outside with a shivering little ballerina. no one is around. I am on the verge of hysteria but I am calm....sort of. We walk back towards the theater. I try to flag down a police man, but he drives past me. (bastard) I see the stage manager and tell him what is up. We ARE the only ones left after all. he has a flashlight! yay us. we get back to the car. still do not see the keys, but I have to get in there to find out...they could be laying there under the lunchbox..or under the mapquest paper, right??? so we call campus security.
The guy comes with the thingy. it takes him forever because apparently my car is "nearly impossible to break into" well that is great...except I really need to get in there. FINALLY he unlocks it!
NO KEYS. I swear I thought I was gonna cry. Now it's 10:45. We are very far from being in our cozy beds!  We go back into the theater once again with the stage manager to "look one more time"
i search my seat. I retrace my steps.  nothing. I have NO IDEA what I will do. The campus is dark. Noone from the studio is left. I am thinking ok, call a cab or hitch a ride to a hotel, then call a locksmith to make a key....
then on a whim I went to look in the bathroom once more. I mean I hadn't been anywhere else. remember washing my hands. so I dump the trashcan in the floor. BAM my keys fall out on my foot.
THANK YOU LORD!!!
I felt like an idiot, but I was SOOOO relieved I didn't care. Me and Mad nearly cried we laughed so hard on the way home.
love, dorkalicious

2 comments:

  1. You threw your keys away? As someone who once accidentally took my dog's heartworm pill....I totally understand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha ok Mark! YOU WIN!!!! but at least you are protected from heartworms. hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete