About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

hiking, opinions and hunger

Wow! I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I blogged. bad me! I have had so much going on!!! Lot's of fun things :) Last week was spring break for the big kid...which means we all get a break! YAY!!! We didnt do a lot except hang out together. it was nice! took a couple really good hikes in the woods. luckily both my kids really like that, because Jack and I love it! well...I should say Jackson LOVES it. Madeleine only likes it....she doesn't like bugs near as much as he does and she is hyper paranoid that she sees them, which is super funny for the rest of us! haha She loves to make people laugh!!!

The album is ...I dont know...I think it's awesome! haha Can I say that? I mean, I love it. really. I did an interview on Sunday with an internet radio station (you can hear it on Saturday March 26th at 10 pm central/ www.musictogoUSA.com)  and the guy asked me what Genre I thought the music fell into because" it isn't really country and it isn't really crossover". I guess that is a little true. in defense of that I will say that my VOICE is very country. (I will never, nor have I ever, tried to escape my east Tennessee accent. ) and I am SINGING ABOUT country things, topics, situations....BUT I do not have a lot of hoe down instruments on either album (It's Time and the new one...which reminds me, what in the heck am I gonna call this thing!?!?!?! ) But I dont think there is anything wrong with that. I mean, there is a little mando here or there. some banjo on a couple songs... does that make it not country enough? too country? does anyone care really? one thing I did do was stay really true to who I am. What I wanted it to sound like. I HOPE people will get on board and say," hey I like that, I think I am gonna drive around with the windows down blastin some amyd!"  but I guess if it falls into some weird spot?? I have never thought that...maybe that guy was just a big doodoo head for actin like it was "odd" in the first place. I love it. so I will just drive around singing it loud to myself I guess....haha now THAT is funny.

Charlie Sheen: I know a guy like that. I mean THAT narcissistic. THAT full of himself. THAT druggy. I am serious.
I love the sunshine. I really do. It makes me feel so much better.
 I had a good meeting today. I have two more this week. cross your fingers for me. I need a job. My middle schooler needs a better school. Mama got to come off the wallet fo dat one!!! YIKES!!!
photoshoot VERY soon! i am hungry. just flat out hungry. and sore. my muscles hurt so bad it feels like I've been ran over. I sure hope I look good. pictures last forever! HA
love, amyd

5 comments:

  1. Great music transcends genres.
    You rock....can't wait to hear the new music!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you jmark :))) I have been working really hard on it and having fun doing it...so I hope it sounds that way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering how you were planning to promote this album? Like are you going to try radio or are you going to do like an online social nettworking way to get the word out like Mumford and Son did originally? Also is there an album title?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey GP :) all of that is still lup in the air at this point. I just wanted to finish the album and the artwork...everything first THEN walk it into some places, throw it on their desk with a "how you like me now" look on my face. ballsy, I know. BUT I will use social networking thing no matter how I do it, or who picks it up :) how did Mumford and son do it? I would like that kind of response...hehe...
    thanks!! In the next few weeks i should know more. my team is meeting and gathering and planning...and probably drinking...(just kiddin)
    amyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well from my understanding (I didn't follow them much until later on) they released good music got the word out through people coming across it and then sharing it as well as got good reviews and a couple award nominations along the way haha

    In reality all you really need is a great video or something on Youtube that catches peoples attention with good music (which you do so excellently) and critics and fans backing you up getting the word out. :)

    ReplyDelete