About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

sheen, crabs, schools, rants

ok. Charlie Sheen is a great source of tension release! I know I know...It is going to end badly. BUT in the meantime hasn't it been fun to just say #WINNING! ??? I think so. Looking at his deranged life is better than TV. and yes, I feel sorry for his kids. I really do. hopefully the moms will do the right thing and keep them away, but in the meantime.... Sheen ON!  haha

I am so bummed! here in Nashville they have offered Open Enrollment to a few schools, which means that even if you aren't zoned for that school, if you get your app in soon enough your kid can go there. We actually do that already, but they also opened 6 new magnet  schools (with the 12 million dollar grant we received) . First let me say that I LOATHE middle school. The peer pressure to do what everybody else is doing, The ugliness of girls at this age is outrageous! I HATE it! Madeleine makes really good grades. (mostly A's, has good work ethic, really cares about doing good) so I thought WOW a magnet school geared toward Math and Science and Hands on Learning....that sounds great! and I actually filled out the application online. THEN I kept looking up the schools. found a Youtube video from one of the schools.  Found out that the two schools that promised the most and sounded the BEST for learning are located right in the middle of the projects. Worst part of town in all of Nashville.  Why would they do that?
I mean,am I wrong here? it stands to reason to me that if you REALLY want children to excel and be the leaders of our country in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM magnet schools) you don't put those schools in places where violence and drug behavior are all those kids see! A place where parental involvement is close to nothing. It so pisses me off.  please know that this is not a racial thing. Madeleine's school now is mostly white and Im sorry,  but mostly white trash.  The parents don't care. The teachers have to work the hardest for the ones who are the most behind. so the smarties are left swimming on their own. The schools here really really stink. Yes, We should move to Franklin. yes, we should pay for private school.  I hope I sell a lot of records so we can.  ok, enough of THAT rant!~

I have heard a few more mixes for the album :) YAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAYYYY!!!! I am so happy with it! I Cannot wait for you to hear :))

I have a couple shows coming up :   on April 1 I will be playing a wondwriter round in Lebanon in Tn. It is a benefit for Habitat for Humanity. I love this organization! I helped build a house for them one time!! It was fun and felt really good to help! The show will be at Journey Church in Lebanon. Mssg me for more details!! Come!  20 bucks get you a GREAT meal and show!!!

Then, wait for it....Memorial day weekend... oh...yeah..... BLUE CRAB FESTIVAL time!!! Jack and I will play and acoustic show on Friday night and the whole band will join us on Saturday afternoon! Palatka, FLORIDA (my favorite state )   SO fun!!!

more later! amyd

1 comment:

  1. I know....there's no way it can end good. The line between #winning and #losing has gotten blurred beyond recognition. In the meantime, entertaining.
    It is so frustrating to know what's best for your kids, and yet feeling out of control to attain it. My problem now is that my boys are in good schools/colleges, but aren't applying themselves. Geez.
    Here's to selling more albums....and moving to Frankin! :)

    ReplyDelete