About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

What a relaxing day we had today. I like those. Jackson and I played with playdoh. then I pretend to be a horse while a two year old rode on my back. Then there was a round of living room baseball where he acted out running the bases in slow motion. oh but that isn't all!!! not by a long shot! We wrestled. We boxed, only he had the only boxing gloves...  It was fun. He is funny and says the goofy stuff that you wanna write down and keep forever.  I feel really lucky to have been able to have him.
Madeleine was gone most of the day at a birthday party. She is growing up. It makes me sad. I still think of her as being little with two crooked pony tails.  She is sweet and smart and funny. We tried out a new dance studio this week. Everyone needs to expand and reach out of their comfort zones, but man is it hard to do! She really embraced the opportunity though and she shined! I was so proud of my sister for that. Lea (my sister) is such a great dancer and such a great teacher. that really showed when Mad went off on her own and took what she had been taught with her. It is such a special thing. You never know what you got till you are tested. when it comes to that testing moment, you have two choices...go all the way or don't go at all.  I am proud of Madeleine and I am thankful for Lea. What a gift she has given Madeleine and all the girls she has taught.
Glad the hubs is comin home tomorrow :) It has been a while since he has been gone. I miss him!!
ok...enough reflecting .....

1 comment:

  1. Go hard....or go home.

    It is easy to stay in your comfort zone, but usually the best you can hope for if you do is "content."

    With all the activities....I hope Jackson shared his nap with you too. :)

    ReplyDelete