About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Resolution???

Did I Resolve to write everyday on this blog? I can't remember. If I did, I over spoke. That happens to me alot! HA not really. but I do THINK about writing the blog when I am not writing th blog. and I think that counts. I do what I can...just like we all do.
Sunday. My favorite day of the week.  what's yours? Sundays make me think of when I was little. We would go to church and come home and eat a big lunch.  Just hang out together. I love those memories. That is pretty much the routine that we stick to with my own little family. although it gets harder because sometimes Jack is still out of town and when he is home....Sunday is his anything goes day...as far as eating goes. which is horrible for me! HA but it's fun!!! We usually make some kind of disgustingly delicious brownie or hot cookies  :)  good thing he is not home today (whew! no cheating!!!)

I had 3 meetings last week. meeting one was shockingly blunt and the forecast there is grim. Meeting two went well. I think they liked me more than I liked them tho. Meeting 3 was great but only in a way that showed promise WAY down the future.  SO the search continues. Jobs and relationships are similar. You want one but you NEED a GOOD one. because there is nothings worse than settling for something that is either not good for you, or will hurt ya later.

I did get a gig!! It only takes ONE to make it grow into something more! Jack and I are gonna play the Blue Crab Festival. It is in May. So if you live in/near Palatka FL. come on down!!!  I can't wait to tell my friend Amy M that I am playing there again!! We had such a good time last year! She and her sister provided "supplies" for the funky hotel that they always put the bands in... you know lysol, a fresh comforter :) I do have a hotel policy  of not staying somewhere with the doors leading directly outside (scary! ) and this place had put one of those smoking stations right outside my door...and yes people did gather there. HA but I love playing that festival!! So I will do it again!! haha
I think that is what I need a little more of. giggggsssss!!!
Have any of you ever thought about hosting a house party? They are pretty cool! Sometimes greater than other times, BUT if you have a house and some friends that like to hear music, but don't like to go to bars, or maybe you do, but you want people to come do a show for YOU. then hit me with a mssg and I will give you the details and see if we can work it out.  :) It's not as big a deal as you might think. and it's cool and fun!!!

My photoshoot will be very soon. preparations for the new album. I dont like having photoshoots. but I will do it. operation starvation continues. !!!  haha more later!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I will put this in my calendar now and provide "crab protection"!! AmyM aka Penelope

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in my calendar too!! Who is playing with you? Let's see if I can work on a house party for you!

    ReplyDelete