About Me

My photo
nashville, tn
Hey. I am a singer. A songwriter. a creator of a whole lotta stuff...kids, dinners, musicals, songs, messes.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Wow! What a busy busy week this has been! On Feb 1 my sister had a brand new baby boy. oh he is the softest, sweetest thing! He smells so heavenly !!! Mama and baby are good. I don't envy her with an 18 month old and a newborn!!! But she handles it really well :)
THEN I threw the hubs a surprise bday party!! It was fun and made me totally anxious! I realized that I am a horrible sneaker/liar! HAHA so I avoided letting him in on the surprise by barely speaking to him in the days prior! He was on the road so when he would call we would chat for a minute then I would put jackson or mad on the phone so he wouldn't catch on! and i never once mentioned his birthday...which obviously was  a dead giveaway...BUT the party was great, we yelled surprise and most of our favorite friends were standing in our kitchen eating bbq and cake laughing about stupid stuff. It was worth all the sneaking, but i was so relieved when it was over!!
The next major event for the first week of feb was that my whole family (with the exception of Jackson so far) got the crud....a cold...the flu....some kind of wretchedness that I never want again. It literally took us down! So I have not felt like writing or thinking about writing the blog. BUT the good news is that I am feeling much much better today. gonna do a strength yoga today. It will prob kick my booty, but hey, that's the point, right?
I am getting closer and closer to a photoshoot. Why do i hate them so? for 1, it seems obnoxious and totally self absorbed. I KNOW it is necessary. You need it for an album. but dang!!! I am just not the fashion forward, girlie  fashionista that you are supposed to be for that I guess. I don't like to look at magazines. I usually dont care what people wear. I mean, I LIKE to look good, but I dont sweat it. and I like it best when people tell me what looks good and that is what I wear. on the other hand, I like unconventional things. I don't like to look like everybody else.  reason #2 for  hating photosessions: It is scary as hell. Hell people!!!! These pics will be around for a long time. So your inner dialogue is  "is my arm fat?  what about my butt? suck it in!! dont do that thing with your lip! you know nobody wants to see all your gums when you smile!" all the while trying to look cool. yeah, HELL! haha but on the other hand. I will have someone help me with my "Style" and I will have someone doing my hair and makeup and telling me when to suck in my gut, haha. We are also talking to a fab photographer that I am really excited about!!! so I need to tell my inner darling to shut it! so there! SHUT IT!
The album is going to be so sparkly and fantastic. I am trying not to think about it so much. The guy who is mixing got sidetracked by working on Don Henly's album. yeah, that Don Henly. (Is that how you spell it? Heneley? Henely?) Anyway. when it is finished it will be a fine fine day !!!
that's it for now. gotta go tighten the arms and butt  for well...you know....

love, amyd

1 comment:

  1. I almost didn't make it past "is my arm fat?" haha
    Henley...maybe. And I think he needs to wait in line cuz I need your album NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete